Last Updated: April 23rd, 2020
Collection and use of personal information
Information we Process on behalf of our Clients:
In the course of providing the automation platform and services to our customers, we may collect and use information about our customers’ clients, employees, end users or authorized users of the platform or services as set out below:
- Account Information: In order to provide our services, we collect account information from our users, such as name, email address and password. We also collect phone number, the name of your company, your role, the size of your company, additional email addresses, and billing information. We collect this information to establish and maintain a commercial relationship with our customers, to provide services, and to administer access to the Wrk platform.
- Use of the Services: We may monitor use of the platform by our customers’ employees or other authorized users in order to detect, investigate or prevent any actual or potential violation of our terms and conditions. We may also generate aggregated, non-identifiable data and use such information to monitor the performance, use and stability of the platform and to improve our products and services.
Information we Collect and Use through our Website and other interactions:
- Inquiries: If you contact us with an inquiry, you may be asked to provide contact information, such as your name, company name and address, and a business telephone number or email address along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your inquiry. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings. We may monitor and record our telephone conversations with you for training and quality assurance purposes. You will be provided with a notice at the beginning of any call that is being recorded. If you do not wish to have your call recorded, please let us know.
- Communications: We may offer you the ability to sign-up to receive Wrk marketing and promotional communications or download a report or other research paper, in which case we collect certain information (such as first and last name, company name, business email address or phone number). We use this information to send you the communications you have requested to receive. You can opt-out of receiving promotional email from us by following the opt-out or “unsubscribe” instructions provided in your email or other message, or by contacting us as set out below. Please note that you will continue to receive transactional and account-related electronic messages from us.
- Job Applications: If you apply for a job at Wrk, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as information contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application and assessing your suitability for current and future career opportunities.
- Feedback: We may collect and use customer feedback about our platform and services to better understand our customers and enhance our product and service offerings. With your consent, we may publish your feedback on our website or other promotional materials.
- Surveys and Customer Research: From time to time, we may offer individuals an opportunity to participate in one of our surveys or other customer research. The information obtained is used in an aggregated, non-personally identifiable form. We use this information to help us understand our customers and to enhance our product and service offerings.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Wrk does not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer personal information without consent, except as set out in this policy.
We may transfer or disclose personal information as follows:
- Service Providers: In connection with our website or services, we may transfer (or otherwise make available) personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to host our website, store data and provide back-up services (including cloud-based service providers), provide advertising, marketing and analytics services, process customer payments, conduct surveys or obtain customer feedback. Personal information may be maintained and processed by Wrk or its third-party service providers in the United States and Canada. For more information about the way in which our service providers treat personal information, contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Sale of Business: Wrk may transfer personal information as an asset in connection with a prospective or completed merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of Wrk or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Legal: Wrk and our Canadian, US and other service providers and affiliates may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order (which may include lawful access by Canadian, US or other foreign governmental authorities, courts or law enforcement agencies), to other organizations in the case of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law. Where a disclosure of our customers’ information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify our customer prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so) and fully co-operate with our customer’s instructions with respect to our response.
Information About our Website
Visiting our Website
We collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity, and to monitor and improve our Website.
- https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites, and
We work with third parties such as ad networks and other advertising companies that use their own tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our website in order to provide you with tailored advertisements across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our website and third-party websites (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications) and use this information to make predictions about your preferences, develop personalized content and deliver ads that are more relevant to you on third party websites. This information may also be used to evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns.
For more information about interest-based advertising and to understand your options, including how you can opt-out of receiving behavioural ads from third-party advertising companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada website at http://youradchoices.ca/choices.
- Please note that even if you opt-out of interest-based advertising by a third party, these tracking technologies may still collect data for other purposes including analytics and you will still see ads from us, but the ads will not be targeted based on behavioural information about you and may therefore be less relevant to you and your interests.
- To successfully opt out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser (see your browser’s instructions for information on cookies and how to enable them). Your opt-out only applies to the web browser you use so you must opt-out of each web browser on each computer you use. Once you opt out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you will need to opt-out again.
Third Party Links
Security of Personal Information
We understand that data security is a critical issue for our customers and we are committed to safeguarding the personal information in our custody and under our control. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
If we receive a request from an individual to access or update personal information we have collected on behalf of a particular customer in the course of providing the platform and services, we will direct that individual to the relevant customer. We will assist our customers wherever possible in responding to individual access requests.
If you submit personal information via our Website or otherwise provide us with your personal information, you may request access, updating or correction of your personal information (subject to limited exceptions prescribed by law) by submitting a written request to our Privacy Officer (see “Contact Us” below). We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity.
Chief Executive Officer